- 5 Tips for Choosing A Robot Vacuum for Hardwood Floors
- Is A Roborock Vacuum The Right Machine for You?
- FAQs About Hardwood Floor Cleaning
Hardwood floors are very popular these days, and it’s not surprising. Not only are they beautiful, with a large selection to suit your tastes, they also don’t trap dirt and allergens like carpet does. The downside is that dust bunnies love to float around on them, so if you want your floors to always be dust-bunny free, it can get quite tedious. Unless you have a robot vacuum, of course!
5 Tips for Choosing A Robot Vacuum for Hardwood Floors
- One of the most important factors to look for when shopping for a robot vacuum is its suction power. The greater the suction, the cleaner the floors. (According to Upgraded Home)
- Also, when it comes to hardwood, the type of brush matters. Dense, soft bristles work best for smooth surfaces.
- The type of navigation that the robot vacuum employs is also important. Lower-end machines will simply go in a random direction, hitting obstacles until the battery depletes. Better models use sensors to create a virtual map and then follow a pattern for more efficient and effective cleaning.
- You should also consider what kind of floors you have besides hardwood. Will your robot vacuum be cleaning tile in the kitchen, area rugs in the living rooms, and linoleum in the bathroom? Make sure you select a machine that will work well on all your floors.
- Finally, you must consider your budget. High-end robot vacuums are expensive and, while the features they offer may be tempting, you might not need such an expensive machine if it’s not in your budget. Most of the time, a less-costly robot vacuum can do the job just as well without breaking the bank. It’s just a matter of finding the right machine for the job.
Is A Roborock Vacuum The Right Machine For You?
In terms of suction, the Roborock S5 has you covered. With 2000Pa of suction power, it can even clean the steel balls, bolts, and many other big messes or things that are not easy to be picked up. The powerful fan works like a cyclone, and the sealed air duct ensures that no pressure is lost.
In terms of navigation, the S5 is state of the art. It uses high-precision lasers to create a virtual map of the room. Its new SLAM algorithm allows it to know where it is at every moment, while it works to explore and chart the space. The Roborock S5 begins by cleaning the perimeter of the room, then working the inside of the space in an S-shaped pattern.
The Roborock company offers three robot vacuums to choose from. The Roborock S5 is the most expensive but also the most powerful and the only machine that uses LDS laser navigation. Also, Roborock S5 could conduct zone clean with the 2000Pa of suction power, and its mopping system prevents the hemming, leaving no water streak and water stain at rest. The Xiaowa E3 is in the middle with similar specs, but it uses inertial navigation, as well as with the 2000Pa of suction power. The Xiaowa E2 is perfect for the person on a tight budget. It has a somewhat reduced battery capacity, power, and suction but is much more affordable. In addition, you can choose the Xiaowa E2 to just vacuum or vacuum and mop your home at the same time for a complete clean.
Check out the side by side comparison to find the robot vacuum for you.
Quiz: Help Me Choose the Suitable Roborock Models
Frequently Asked Questions About Hardwood Floor Cleaning
Q: Can Roborock robot vacuum go from hardwood to rug?
A: Yes. Roborock picks up an amazing amount of dirt, dust, pet hair and other debris from your carpets and hard floors. It could automatically transfer from one-floor surface to the next, including carpets, rugs, tile, linoleum and hardwood floors.
Q: Does Roborock robot vacuum work on dark floors?
A: Roborock robot vacuum may not work on some deep color carpets or carpet with different color patterns, because the carpet will absorb light, which will make the device think the carpet is a cliff and avoid to clean. But it is a rare circumstance and it could clean most of the common dark carpets.
Q: Is Roborock robot vacuum good for hardwood floors?
A: Roborock is ranked among the best robotic vacuum cleaners for hardwood floors. It is equipped with SLAM navigation system and cutting-edge vacuuming technology making it capable of cleaning all types of hardwood floors.
Q: Does Roborock robot vacuum learn your house?
A: Roborock robot vacuum like model S5 S6 maps your home and you could see the plan of your house and robot's cleaning trace on the app.
Q: Will Roborock robot vacuum go from room to room?
A: As long as there is a way linking 2 rooms without stairs nor barriers, Roborock robot vacuum will move itself from room to room.
Q: How many square feet can a Roborock robot vacuum clean?
A: It is up to the local environment. Roborock robot vacuum will take a little longer time to clean place with much furniture on the ground than a place with less furniture.
Usually, Roborock robot vacuum like model S5 with full 5200mAh battery could clean 1000-1200 square feet without recharging.
Can Roborock robot vacuum clean specific rooms?
Only model S6 can clean specific room.
Will Roborock robot vacuum damage or scratch hardwood floors?
No, it won't. Don't worry. The 2 wheels of Roborock robot vacuum are made by rubber and won't damage floor.
You May Also Like
Best Robot Vacuum for Vinyl Plank Flooring in 2020
Best Robot Vacuum for Laminate Floors in 2019
5 Tips for Choosing the Best Robotic Vacuum for Tile Floors
Best Ways to Clean and Mop Tile Floors
How to Clean & Maintain Vinyl Plank Flooring